When planning a holiday or a tour, it is best to understand what you are letting yourself into. Try to understand the offer and any hidden challenges in travelling, particularly international travelling. A reputable travel agent can help direct you to the right places. Here are some questions to ask.
1. What passport and visa requirements are there for traveling to a particular destination? Most governments have information about their passport and visa requirements. Make sure that your passport is current and meets the validity period of the country that you are visiting. Request visas early as some visas take up to three weeks to arrange and need detailed information.
2. When is the best time to travel to a particular destination? Discover when the “best value options” are available and confirm that your particular interest is available during the time of travel. Check for any “great value package deals” that include flights, accommodation and tours. The greater your flexibility in travel time, the more likely there is that there are package deals for you.
3. What are the dangers or hazards in travelling to a destination?And what are the risk mitigation strategies that are in place? Where can I find detailed advice on what I need to do to remain healthy? Try to understand what is different.
4. What is the currency? And where is the best place to exchange money? Am I better to use a credit card? Your bank will be able to give good information on the money side of things.
5. Do I need Travel Insurance? Most governments will advise that “if you cannot afford travel insurance you cannot afford to travel”. There are many avenues for travel insurance – travel agents, insurance brokers, health funds etc. Tell your potential insurer where you are going and what you intend to do there. to help achieve the most appropriate policy.
6. What vaccinations do I need? There are restrictions on some countries for those who have not been vaccinated. Consult your doctor or a travel doctor for the latest recommendations. Take your detailed itinerary with you to the doctor.
7. What flight options are available? What time of day do I leave and what tome of the day do I arrive at my destination? Are their direct flights? If not, are there stopovers? What is the best value?
8. Are facilities for disabled travellers or travellers with challenges available? Ask about the particular challenge that you face.
9. Are there any special requirements for traveling to a particular destination? Are there any cultural or social behaviours that apply?
In summary, this is a short list of questions that will help any traveller understand some of the hidden information about holidays.
David from Davids Tours listens to peoples travel dreams and makes them happen. The special tailor-made small group tours are a great addition to travelers. For more information visit my website http://www.davidstours.com.au
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/David_Nivala/111921